OFF: Screams and things

Troy Harris tlh at RUBENS.ITS.UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Mon Feb 3 05:51:45 EST 1997

On Mon, 3 Feb 1997 shillada at GATWICK.GECO-PRAKLA.SLB.COM wrote:

> I can't believe nobody has mentioned Mr Ian Gillan's screaming  through most of 'Child in Time'.
>
> It was this ear splitting display that won him the original part of 'Jesus Christ Superstar'.
>
> Neil.

  Yes, yes, yes.  The *only* decent screamers are all heavy metallers.
You want screams?  How about Rob Halford on Victim of Changes or Screaming
for Vengeance?  Or Bruce Dickinson at the start of The Number of the Beast
(Y-E-A-H!!!!!).  Yep guys, Gillan, Martin, Geoff Tate, The awesome Micheal
Kiske are all heroes of the adrenalin rush of the scream.
  Forget Gothic, space rockers, PF (sorry dude!), etc ., the scream is the
realm of metal.

  AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

    Troy

 ("Metalhead, I'm a metalhead, I was born to rock and roll")

ObBesteverScream: Rob Halford, Dissident Aggressor (From JP's "Sin after
Sin")