OFF: Rush fans on BOC-L

Alex S. Garcia artefact at IMAGINET.FR
Mon Feb 3 11:58:15 EST 1997

>Can't believe there are so many Rush fans on a BOC list.  I can't see
>any connection between the two.  Any theories?

Well, I'm not really surprised, Theo. I mean, there are a lot of prog fans
on this list, I think, and Rush being a prog band... Now why there are so
many prog fans on BOC-L is another matter. I think it comes from the fact
that prog fans are usually very eclectic and listen to a lot of different
stuff. Further more, it seems that BOC was/is a very eclectic band itself in
the sense that not 2 of their songs sound alike and that you can hear
various influences in their music, from plain hard rock to blues, including
jazz and other stuff. Some of their songs can even, IMHO, be considered as
progressive (I'm thinking in particular at "Monsters" or perhaps GAoL).

Oh... and just in case you wondered, I also like Rush (and prog rock in
general).

Alex S. Garcia.

Become a Patternwalker ! Visit Corwin's Pattern...
  http://members.tripod.com/~Mandor/
  (with links to the Icarus Encyclopedia, Artefact, Rock
  In Progress, Slash, Micronos and more to come...)