HW Live 74

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Mon Feb 3 15:18:36 EST 1997

> The latest Record Collector (January issue) has an article on what EMI are up to this
> year, including info about the live album.
> We already know most of it, but it does tell us its title, "Chigago Paragon Live". The
> article goes on to say that it will be 2CD's, and should be out in March.

        2CDs is good, but as the good Mr. Star Rats has already said that
_CPL74_ will be out *much* later in the year ... well, with HW I believe
the latest date posted ;) and hope to be pleasantly surprised (but not
with any great expenditure of effort ;)

> Elsewhere in the same issue, They have a list of the top 75 albums of the year. No.28 is
> "In Search of Space" remaster, no.49 "Space Ritual" remaster, and at no.70 "Doremi Faso
> Latido" remaster.

        Hear, hear.  Though I put the _DFL_ up top.  I like _SR_ better than
_ISOS_, but admitedly _ISOS_ probably benefited more from remastering than
than _SR_.
        Those re-releases are still unquestionable the finest job on a
re-releases I've ever heard of.  My only complaint, of course, is that the
cardboard packaging is too suceptible to damage ... I've recently bitten
the bullet and put the CDs in jewelcases and tucked the original packaging
away, before they can collect any more bumps and bruises ...

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
Dept. of ASNAC, University of Cambridge            -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)