OFF: Rush / BOC connection?

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Mon Feb 3 21:20:32 EST 1997

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 wrote:
> Can't believe there are so many Rush fans on a BOC list.  I can't see
> any connection between the two.  Any theories?

Both bands are on the heavy side of my musical taste. My main interest is progressive
rock, including Rush. Other interests: melodic rock (Journey, Boston, heavier: early
Rush), blues / rock (Hendrix, Spirit, Mountain, Chris Duarte, Los Lobotomys - all guitar
oriented of course). I think BOC has parts of all of those, maybe they're in the middle.
Well, not exactly prog, but songs like Nosferatu, Golden Age, Black Blade, Magna Of
Illusion and BOC to name a few, are more than just melodic as in Journey or Boston.
My theory.

Jerry