OFF: Earplugs

Tue Feb 4 08:25:37 EST 1997

Another vote for Sonic II Noisefilters from our esteemed tBS drummer!

Yes, the thing that's really nice about them is how they do a great
job while still allowing you to hear things clearly.  The only thing
I don't like is that they are a bit large, which if you keep them in
for hours can be uncomfortable (but beats the ringing after), and I
wonder how "obvious" they are when I'm wearing them -- can't say I've
noticed Al wearing his, although he does have a bit more hair covering
his ears than I do.  :-)

I've often wondered how wearing earplugs affects singers, since they
need to be able to hear themselves well to sing well.  Do the plugs
Deb uses inhibit her ability to hear herself, or do they just crank up
the monitors a bit more?

John