Unsubstantiated allegations

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Tue Feb 4 21:30:42 EST 1997

On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, John Majka wrote:

>                                                          Even though I'm a
> huge HW fan, I must admit that many of the fans (of both bands at BOC-l)seem
> like stuck-in-the-mud types with musical interests that ceased growing
> approximately 20 years ago.  I mean there have been an awful lot of great
> bands from every time period, and I guess I just get a little upset
> sometimes with the narrowness of some people's tastes.  Does anybody on this
> list buy music by relatively "new" bands which aren't related to HW or BOC?

[list of bands omitted.]

> I don't know what this proves.

This proves once again that every so often someone is determined to start
the "my musical tastes are more diverse than yours" pissing contest on
BOC-L.  Congratulations!  You are this month's winner!

(Btw, I think your posting is just a sinister record company plot to get
us all to "broaden our minds" and buy Pat Boone's new "heavy metal"
album...)

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys, _For the Last Time_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.