OFF: Rush fans on BOC-L

QUEST dcapehar at UTDALLAS.EDU
Wed Feb 5 01:45:13 EST 1997

On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, RJ replied to SOMEONE ELSE who said:
> >Even though I'm a huge HW fan, I must admit that many of the fans (of
> >both bands at BOC-l) seem like stuck-in-the-mud types with musical
> >interests that ceased growing approximately 20 years ago.  I mean there
> >have been an awful lot of great bands from every time period, and I
> >guess I just get a little upset sometimes with the narrowness of some
> >people's tastes.

[ A portion of both the original message and RJ's reply consisted of a
  large list of musical interests of various HW fans. ]

OK, guys... you asked for it.  If you don't want to read this, press the
"D" button now.  The following is a list of all bands/artists/etc. that I
own at least one thing of and actually have an interest in:

Ian Anderson
Anubian Lights
The Art of Noise
Astralasia
Banco de Gaia
Beautiful People
Adrian Belew
Bjork
David Bowie
Dave Brock
David Byrne
California Guitar Trio
The Cars
Chicago
Cluster & Eno
Phil Collins
CSNY
Edgar Cruz
Dali's Car
Dead Can Dance
Dire Straits
Thomas Dolby
Earth To Infinity
Eat Static
801
Electric Skychurch
ELP
Eno
Eno/Byrne
Eno/Cale
Farflung
stuff from FAX records
Fleetwood Mac
Focus
Fonya
Christopher Franke
Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Fripp/Eno
Fripp
Fripp/League of Gentlemen
Fripp/  "    "  Crafty Guitarists
Fripp String Quintet
Edgar Froese
P.Gabriel
Genesis
Lisa Gerrard
D.Gilmour
Gong
Jean Guillou's organ transcription of "Pics at an Exhibition"
Trey Gunn
Steve Hackett
Daryl Hall
Hawkwind
Higher Intelligence Agency
S.Hillage
Roger Hodgson
Steve Howe
Billy Idol
Iona
Jam & Spoon
Jethro Tull
Elton John
Journey
Mick Karn
King Crimson
Kraftwerk
Caroline Lavelle
Marillion
Moodswings
Moody Blues
The Nice
No-Man
Mike Oldfield
The Orb
W.Orbit
Orbital
Ozrics
Alan Parsons Project
Pink Floyd
The Police
Polytown
Porcupine Tree
A Positive Life
Pressurehed
Queen
Rain Tree Crow
Rush
Saga
Seal
Soft Machine
Sounds From the Ground
Spiral Realms
Chris Squire [guess how many of his I have... :-P ]
Stone Roses
Richard Strauss
Supertramp
David Sylvian
Sylvian/Fripp
System 7
Talking Heads
Tangerine Dream
Tears For Fears
Tellus (check out http://www.onramp.net/~tellus/)
10cc
Ten Seconds
Torch Song
Traffic
Trancendental Anarchists
Nik Turner
U.K.
Van der Graaf Generator
Vangelis
Voices of Kwahn
Rick Wakeman
Roger Waters
Yes
One/Two/Three A.D. (waveform records compilations)
>From Here To Tranquility 1,2,3
"Toys" soundtrack
Trance Europe Express 1,2,3