OFF: Detroit and 70s (was RE: Rush fans on BOC-L)

Andrew Gilham Andy_Gilham at MSN.COM
Wed Feb 5 04:49:56 EST 1997

Ian says

>>ObCD: The Stooges - _Fun House_
>>

>Great disc...but are you a fan of the late, great MC5?
>
>Later.

Well obviously! :)

Not only relevant to both list bands ("Kick Out the Jams"), plus Lemmy
(listing _Back in the USA_ as his fave album in an old MH tour booklet), but
I've been plugging brother Wayne Kramer's 1996 album _Dangerous Madness_ till
everyone's fed up with me...

The Steven said

>Doesn't it drive you crazy whenever the general public equates seventies
>music with disco?

I thought they always equated it with glam?

Although I admit you can make a case for saying that the most important
release of 1976-7 wasn't "Anarchy in the UK", but "I Feel Love".

- Andy

ObCD: David Bowie - _Earthling_.  The old sod goes all drum'n'bass, and it
mostly works!

Andy Gilham/Andy_Gilham at msn.com/Andy_Gilham at compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Andy_Gilham