OFF: About the narrowness of BOC-Lers...

Alex S. Garcia artefact at IMAGINET.FR
Wed Feb 5 11:32:21 EST 1997

>I just get a little upset
>sometimes with the narrowness of some people's tastes.  Does anybody on this
>list buy music by relatively "new" bands which aren't related to HW or BOC?

One more thing about this thread. I've been thinking about it some more, and
I really think John has gone too far. I mean, John, do you know me ? do you
know any of the people on this list, I mean personally ? What right do you
have to say that BOC-Lers are "narrow" ? And even if you knew any of us,
it's not yours to judge other people, whether it be on their musical tastes
or otherwise. People are free to like and listen to whatever they choose.
You should be careful in your choice of words.

BTW, in my mini-list of current bands I listen to, I forgot to mention
(shame on me !) two of my favorites : Queensryche and Dream Theater. See
what happens when you get TOO eclectic ? ;-) Oh, and of course, I should
also mention tBS. And BOC. Hmm ? What do you mean BOC's not a "recent band"
? Sheesh. ;-))

Alex S. Garcia.

Become a Patternwalker ! Visit Corwin's Pattern...
  http://members.tripod.com/~Mandor/
  (with links to the Icarus Encyclopedia, Artefact, Rock
  In Progress, Slash, Micronos and more to come...)