BOC: Article in Seconds Magazine

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed Feb 5 14:39:20 EST 1997

> From:          John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>

> Hey Joe - I didn't mean to start another "Bash CN thread"!  I'm just
> relaying some info Pearlman said in a magazine - and I can't say that
> Pearlman is exactly beating a dead horse - hey, he was asked what he
> thought of it and he gave his opinion.
>
> Yes, there are plenty of folks who like "something" off Club Ninja, but
> I think it suffers from having not enough songs universally liked among
> BOC fans, and most people dislike at least half the album.  Then again,
> to coin a Spinal Tap phrase, "perhaps if it had been mixed right..."
>
> John

Just goes to show how careful bands have to be when enlisting outside
help.  IMHO, the weakest of CN's material is the stuff from Halligan
et al.  Yet on other records, some of BOC's best stuff came from
outsiders, inc. the above Mr. Pearlman.  Love him or hate him, ya
gotta admit Sandy knew how to write stuff [and produce it] that
epitomized BOC, and fit its personnel to the tee.  I think Halligan
thought he was writing for Judas Priest [again].  Yet some of his
tunes for JP weren't bad, and maybe would've done pretty well for
BOC.  Obviously the guy hadn't a clue of what BOC was really about...

Speaking of JP, anyone hear news about a threatened reunion?
theo