OFF: Rush fans on BOC-L

QUEST dcapehar at UTDALLAS.EDU
Wed Feb 5 17:39:08 EST 1997

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, RJ wrote:
> Damon wrote:
> > RJ wrote:
> > > heheh,if you want to post a list based on that criteria,i'd be here
> > > typing all day.... i got cd racks lining 3 walls.......and i wont
> > > even think about vinyl and cassettes.....
> > >
> > > hehe....        rj
> >
> > Yes, but you're older, and therefore have had more time to Kollect. :)
> >
> > Oh, and how many are duplicates?
> >
> > Damon, who has no duplicates
>
> uh,how old do you think i am??????
> i was born in 65.....  cant be too much older than you...
8 years older, actually. :-)

> i have been collecting for less than ten years.....
> ten years ago i  owned exactly nothing.(save the clothes that i had to find
> a way to get washed every couple of days...)

I bought my first CD in 9th grade (8 years ago): _Wish You Were Here_.
Since high school doesn't give a non-spoiled child like me much
opportunity to purchase anything, I had about 60 CDs by the time I
graduated.  Five years later, I have 520.

> as for dups, the only ones i have are the emi remasters.
Good for you. :)

> but a lot of my mainstream crap,and classic rock crap was bought thru
> various music clubs like bmg,where ya get free and half price cds all
> the time.

I used to do that... I sold (gasp!) a lot of those.

> and while creditcards have done wonders for my collection,i am currently
> 50k in debt,and paying rent.

Aha!  See, I don't have a credit history.  Believe me, if I had a credit
card, I'd probably have about 300 more CDs than I have now, and I'd most
definitely be in debt.

> so,dont think im bragging about my collection,it really is an
> embarrassment.    rj

Eh, we all have our good and bad sides, not to mention our weird sides.

Damon