Rush? In defense of John

John Majka flossbac at WCIC.ORG
Wed Feb 5 23:19:50 EST 1997

At 10:41 PM 2/4/97 -0000, you wrote:
>im not gonna get nasty,but i think we would all like to hear an apology of
>sorts from you. for there are no two ways about  it,and no debate- YOU ARE
>WRONG.

Dear RJ, and some others,
        I believe John made his observation from what was presented by
BOC/HW fans... so tell me how he can he be wrong? In the past couple of
months people were asked to post there top 10 albums. Guess what... a very
high percent ( a safe estimate would be 85% or more ) of the people on this
list did mention bands such as Bad Company, Kansas, and even Reo Speedwagon.
So how is his observation wrong?  I observed the same lists of top tens as
he and the rest of you. As far as the dates that the bands functioned in, I
don't think that is the real point of his statement. It is the type of
bands... It doesn't mean they suck or anything; it was just an general
observation of what the average person on this list likes. When I hear some
of you say stuff like Dream Theater or Queensryche it says a lot about what
type of music you like as if I were to say The Pixies or Superchunk...
anyone who has an idea what those bands are like is safe to say that they
have a general idea what I like or where I am coming from with my tastes.
Sure I like a million different things ( ok maybe not a million )but if
someone said that I generally like stuff in an "indie rock" genre it is a
perfectly legit thing to say.
        Another point I would like to make is that John is not pointing
fingers at every single person on the list. whatever........... General
Obsevations!!!!! everyone is free to make them so quit your whining....
        RJ, I am going to be nasty... This video you are speaking of.. Gee I
wonder if this is the same video which is available through "Rockathon" and
since you are such a fan with such great connections do you have your copy
of "Tonics and Twisted Chasers?" Let me know... because I think your claim
of  "inside lines" to gbv is that of a pompous ass.

Bryan