Unsubstantiated allegations

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Feb 6 04:28:58 EST 1997

In message <32F84ED3.2216 at iinet.net.au>, William Duffy
<xl5 at IINET.NET.AU> writes
>About the only
>things I don't have are crap like Saturday Night Fever, rap, disco, soul, etc.,
>etc..

Crap like soul????? Aretha Franklin crap? Marvin Gaye crap?
Look, There's no such thing as a crap genre. I had this discussion with
my brother only two days ago. He argued there was no such thing as crap
music. I said when it was contrived purely as a commercial exercise,
with no sincerity or art, and failed, then it could be described as
crap, Therefore there may be crap soul music but soul music is not crap,
niether is rap and not even disco. Music in all forms elevates
refreshes, gives hope, strength etc. et bloody cetera.

By all means say what you like, but leave out the "this is crap".
I'm surprised there's no Cult records in your collection, though, Will
:))
--
Jon Browne