Unsubstantiated allegations

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Feb 6 05:17:17 EST 1997

> My cousin drummed with Fairport Convention last year, and has had personal
> tuition from Dave Mattacks (not that he needs it).  If you're interested,
> he is in a fast-rising band called Clarion, who have a cassette and a CD
> out which, if you're into the whole Fairport thing, are pretty tasty.

        Oh yes--I saw them at Cropedy last year (ObGloat: having the right
connections gets you free backstage passes from Fairport :)  and they
were *very* good.  Guitarist got extra points for playing a guitar with
humbucking pickups in a folk-rock band (most people seem to use single-
coils ...) ...  :)

        It's a small world :)  Yes, I should think we shall be seeing more
of Clarion in the future!  They sounded to me like they could well go
places.

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
Dept. of ASNAC, University of Cambridge            -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)