Rush fans on BOC-L dicussion list

RJ SPRAWL at STARLINX.COM
Thu Feb 6 07:22:02 EST 1997

> Hi
>
> Was your cyop of the VH-1 interview from VH-1 broadcast? Becasue I don't
> rmeber him being interviewed ina cahir. When was that done? inbetween
songs. I
> have a copy of audio (since I had torbule taping to the stereo video so
taped
> audio sound in stereo and mono video) and she tlaks to dave brook. They
play
> love in sapce which is faded out towards end and then I have adds and
then
> they coem back and do sliver machine and then it moves to someone else. I
also
> tryed to tpae the reshwoing of it the nigth after after and foudn the
same
> thing. Unless my one was rebraodcast but I don't remeber the msayign it.
> taped it sunday 14th april and tryed to tape it to video in steroe again
on
> 15th.

ok,tim.
i have no idea of the date on my tape. but it definitely is vh1.
the hostess says," heres hw doingt silver machine without me." then runs
off the stage.
they do silver machine.there is then a break in the tape where someone
edited out a commercial or something. then it comes back,the hostess is
standing next to dave on stage,holding a handful of emi remasters,talking
to dave about tibet,and tinplates and templates.and remixes.
they do love in space.you can see richard playing electronic drumpads in
the back.ron is standing
in front of a microphone stand,but being familiar with everyones voices,we
can tell he's not singing.
half way thru the song they fade it out,but you can still hear it,and they
go to an interview with ron and dave,seated,off-stage.you can still hear
lis in the background.
dave talks about reckoning cannabis should be legalised as it is not a
dangerous drug compared to a lot of other things,and how the band tries to
arrange gigs that are safe for people to do these things.
then he talks about experimentation with crossed oscillations,how if you
play them loud with
headphones they can really f$%k yer brain up(he got bleeped).
then they go over to ron,who talks about sci-fi influence,and some
horrifying tales he has heard about
alien abductions and all.
then they go back to the stage,hw finishes lis and thats it.
so,now you should be able to figure out whether we have the same thing. i
watched it as i was typing this,so i am perfectly clear in the way i
remember this,this time. =)             rj