BOC: Article in Seconds Magazine

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Feb 6 14:21:57 EST 1997

> Besides,
> a "stout" is not exactly a "beer", and so it is unlikely there was
> an actual brew by that name (although "fake" beer labels, with the BOC
> symbol, later appeared in some rock magazine).

        I would agree in principle, but feel obligated to point out that
a "stout" is most definitely a "beer", and that it is a "beer" that need
not be a "stout" ("stout" forming a sub-set of the larger more generic
group "beer").

        Beer snob moment for the day :)

        However, I seriously doubt there was much in the way of stout in
NYC in 1970 or thereabouts, so we can probably dismiss the "Cully Stout
Beer" hypothesis in safety :)

Cheers,
Carl