BOC: Points for Albums/Ramblings

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHL.COM
Thu Feb 6 17:10:00 EST 1997

John Swartz>- Give the album a point for every song that
you like on it, and take a point off for everyone that you don't like.
I think some of BOC's albums will get similar scores from almost
everyone.-

Sounds like a good exercise. You willing to keep tabs on the results?
Would you have to throw out extreme responses where albums received the
full amount of negative or positive points, can+t have the fanboys
skewing the results now can we. 8^).

Club Ninja, the debate continues - Someone (not naming names here)
pointed out to me, if you took a few songs from CN, that people
generally despise, strategically placed them in some of the stronger BOC
efforts, all of sudden people would consider them good songs.  I think
he has a point.

Lame Music and Age

Chris Warburton> -The major flaw in this argument is to confuse
"complexity" with
"sophistication".  I'm a little older (1956) and actually grew up with
70s
music.-

Well said Chris, Class of +58 for me.  I recall thinking some of the
stuff my older sisters listened too was crap, unsophisticated, lacking
complexity. They (my sisters) were hard core R&B while my brother and I
were hard-core rock & rollers.  Maybe we tend to like what+s current at
a certain age, disregard some newer stuff as we get older but appreciate
older things we didn+t when we were younger, if any of that makes sense.
 I do know that I went from funk to rock to rock/jazz fusion, prog &
classical jazz to dance music and finally back to rock in a span of a
few years.  My vinyl collection had everything except C&W.

Ramblings -

I still have not seen a definition of progressive rock that makes sense
to me.

I may not have worshipped or even liked disco music but it was essential
for meeting girls in the late 70+s, early 80+s.  You couldn+t score much
at the clubs unless you could shake your booty.

BTW folks according to the receipt I receive from the listserv there are
201 subscribers to BOC-L

If I tally my minuscule CD collection I have spent more money on Y&T
CD+s than any other group, most were imports.  I don+t know if I should
be proud or frightened. 8^).

lil ab

Still waiting for one Mr. Bouchard to tell me who was the man of the
band with the ladies back in the day.  I+m still betting the ranch it
was Joe, can+t trust those quiet bass players, right John S. 8^).