OFF: Disco, punk, etc.

dench M.G.Dench at BTON.AC.UK
Fri Feb 7 03:51:18 EST 1997

On Thu, 6 Feb 1997, Ted Jackson jr. EL84 wrote:

> I think most people on BOC-L would say that Spectres was a pretty
> good album too.  Personally, I think things went downhill after
> Secret Treaties...

Theo, I couldn't agree with you more about this - I love the first three
albums, but I do feel that, although they still produced some great music
after ST, the whole atmosphere had changed.  The first three albums are
not necessarily harder, but there is a catchiness and ambience about them
that is overwhelming.  And the songs still sound strong now.  Of course,
arrangement had a lot to do with it.

Martin