BOC: Points for Albums/Ramblings

Fri Feb 7 08:30:24 EST 1997

>Sounds like a good exercise. You willing to keep tabs on the results?

Argh! No! Seriously though, I wasn't suggesting we do this as a poll.
I just think it would verify my theory that the thing about *Club Ninja*
is that it suffers from the fact that it only has a few songs that
are fairly universally liked by BOC fans, and a few songs that are
probably universally disliked.

>Club Ninja, the debate continues - Someone (not naming names here)
pointed out to me, if you took a few songs from CN, that people
generally despise, strategically placed them in some of the stronger BOC
efforts, all of sudden people would consider them good songs.  I think
he has a point.

Maybe, but it's also the mix/arrangement of some of those songs that
contributes to their being "weak".  Think of the converse though - how
'bout if you take a few songs from CN that are generally despised, and
mix 'em with a few of the WEAKER BOC efforts from other albums.  The
resulting album might be really awful!  You think *Cult Classic* was
bad?  Whew!

>I may not have worshipped or even liked disco music but it was essential
for meeting girls in the late 70+s, early 80+s.  You couldn+t score much
at the clubs unless you could shake your booty.

Tell me about it - let's just say I wasn't exactly a stud in my earlier
years . . .

>Still waiting for one Mr. Bouchard to tell me who was the man of the
band with the ladies back in the day.

Hey, maybe he ain't tellin' 'cuz maybe it was him . . .  Then again, if
his and Deb's "Operation Luv" is at all autobiographical . . . all
right now, my mother would be ashamed to hear me talk this way ;-)

>can+t trust those quiet bass players, right John S

Heh heh - "trust me" ;-)

John