OFF: Progressive really progressive?

Bolts of Ungodly Vision scruto19 at POTSDAM.EDU
Fri Feb 7 08:45:55 EST 1997

>where you can hardly go wrong. I can't imagine Steve Howe or Kerry Livgren
>(for instance) not being able to improvise. C'mon, let's be serious for a
>minute ! ;-)

A friend of mine caught some Yes on the Union tour and said the saddest
thing of the whole show was Howe trying to improvise actually...and this
lad  is a massive Yes fan as well (he's as rabid as we are about
BOC/Hawkwind:))

        And just for the record, King Crimson IS a progressive band, at
>least in my personal little universe. Just as are Jethro Tull, ELP, Camel
>(to some extent), etc...
I agree with that in that they did move forward the boundaries of the rock
landscape.

1/2 d. worth: BOC is progressive in that it made the hevay metal/hard  rock
genre become a but more refined, jazzish and less sloppy, compared to the
Black sabbath line of dark noodling.

infinite and viscious,
Jason