Unsubstantiated allegations

Johan Edlundh hawkjoe at EKA.ERICSSON.SE
Fri Feb 7 09:36:46 EST 1997

>> > Pat Boone has recorded an album of heavy metal songs. Bizarre!!!
>> > By the way, what tracks are on the album (apart from "Smoke on the Water")?
>>
>> I know of two, "No More Mr. Nice Guy" and "Stairway to Heaven."
>
>Going *way* off subject, Rolf Harris did a cover of Zep's "Stairway
>to Heaven" (go on - flame away ... I'm not saying that's heavy
>metal!)

hmm, remember a Rolf Harris/Stairway to Heaven thread on BOC-l a two years
ago (?)... since then I've actually found one of the bearded wobbleboarder's
album, though without the Zep cover...

however, the Pat Boone album sounds interesting, I really like covers when
they're not carbon copying the original - and I cannot imagine Pat Boone
making identical music as the above heroes... :0)

>Paul

\\joe