OFF: Re: Psychedelic Psauna

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Fri Feb 7 09:34:22 EST 1997

> In message <01BC1416.68588900 at cshipley.ga.pyramid.com>, Craig Shipley
> <craigs at PYRAMID.COM> writes
> >Well, on my Delirium CD A PSYCHEDELIC PSAUNA, there is an Ozrics tune from 1983
CHOMP!

> That seems not unlikely. I have very vague recollections at the '82 gig
> that this was the first time they'd got together for a while as so-and-
> so had been in India for a year. Mind you, this was at a great party and
> I was royally smashed and it was 15 years ago, so.......

Yeah, time does blur things... I think that I got this info from the liner
notes of AFTERSWISH, but didn't dig it out last night to check for sure. The
were bits 'n' pieces about the precursor bands, such as the Bolshem People,
and this is, perhaps, what I'm think of...

> BTW I'd rather listen to PT *any* day, too!

To be honest, PT is getting more airtime than the OT right now. But I went
thru PF/Camel/HW/BOC/Yes/ELP "eras of preference" in the past, so, if the past
is any indication, things will change...Actually, I'm playing tons of synth
stuff more than anything else right now; i.e. Tranquility Bass, a cross between
Mark Shreeve/Tangerine Dream/Teubner. Not bad, and the opening track is a
highly-memorable tune (when was the last time you found yourself whistling
a synth song???)

> Did you know that Psychedelic Psauna goes for about 50 UK quid now?

Heh-heh-heh so I've heard! Between that and my copy of Men Without Hats
RHYTHM OF YOUTH CD, maybe I can retire early... :-) I also have a copy of
PT's YELLOW HEDGEROW DREAMSCAPE, which is supposed to be worth a big chunka
moolah...

objCassette Deck: Ronnie Montrose / Mr. Bones

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Siemens-Pyramid Information Systems
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Rd. Suite 400
-------mmmmmmm- Atlanta, GA 30342  (404) 845-3404