OFF: What is progressive ?

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Fri Feb 7 10:19:53 EST 1997

Alex S. Garcia wrote:
> Hmm... well, I agree prog rock is hard to define. But I know a prog song
> when I hear one, that's all I can say for certain ! ;-)

Every new form of music is in some way progressive compared to the other, then existing
musical genres, isn't it? So it just has to deal with the musical structures per album
or per song.
Or see it this way; after the early Seventies when bands like Genesis and Yes made it
popular, we just kept on calling it progressive rock. Just a name.

Whatever the name would be - I love it.

Jerry