OFF: Progressive really progressive?

Bolts of Ungodly Vision scruto19 at POTSDAM.EDU
Fri Feb 7 16:09:08 EST 1997

>> > King Crimson probably is the only exception,
IN once sense it is true...KC does keep evolving-if you look at the line up
changes and the way the music shifts in that shuffling of players yet
remaining around a central musical direction.

>BTW, King Crimson fans who aren't subscribed to the Elephant Talk
>newsletter might want to check out some of the back issues at the ET web
>site. Robert Fripp has posted in several issues recently, and he has some
>very interesting things to say about the nature of performance, and the
>relationship between the musician and his audience.
I strongly second that notion. very very informative .

>obCDplayer--Thrak by King Crimson
Its all improv and good improv at that.
I think the closest recorded instances  BOC gets to improv are the solo
sections in 7SDb  on OYFoOYK and the 5 man guitar jams Ive heard (ME 262,
MaseratiGT ,
live 76) .
That raises a good question if you think about it...the improvisability of BOC..