OFF: Seeking soundcard advice

Alex S. Garcia asg at IMAGINET.FR
Sat Feb 8 12:42:17 EST 1997

Okay guys, I have this friend who is a musician. He has a home studio but
now he wants to buy a computer. He will be doing some mixing on it, and thus
it will include vocals. Now, he needs to buy a good (very good) soundcard to
go with this computer (it'll be a PC, by the way).
        We've already done some research and 2 names have come up : Audio
Media III and Multiwayve. The former seems to be very good (maybe even the
best available) but is indeed VERY expensive. The latter we don't know much
about.
        So my questions are :
        1) Has any of you heard anything about these cards and how efficient
are they ?
        2) Would you advise one of those, or is there another one we should
ask for instead ?
        My friend is computer illiterate and I personally don't know much
about soundcards. So if someone could help us out here, we'd both highly
appreciate it :-)
        Thanks.

Alex S. Garcia.

Become a Patternwalker ! Visit Corwin's Pattern...
  http://members.tripod.com/~Mandor/
  (with links to the Icarus Encyclopedia, Artefact, Rock
  In Progress, Slash, Micronos and more to come...)