Rush fans on BOC-L

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Sat Feb 8 05:08:05 EST 1997

In message <Pine.SOL.3.95q.970207134551.8316A-
100000 at navy.csi.cam.ac.uk>, Jon Jarrett <jaj20 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK> writes

>        Okay, okay, sorry. I stand corrected. Porcupine Tree would still
>illustrate my point though. Oh, Jon, while I remember; you talk
>occasionally about gigging with Here'n'Now as if they'd packed up. Who
>were the Here'n'Now I saw in Bath in '95 (when I first encountered *both*
>the Ozrics and PT - good gig... )? Yours,
>                                          Jazza

I didn't mean to imply Here & Now had quit, there are still going, but
like any band that's been around for twenty years there's bit a few
line-up changes. Of the original band only Kieth Da Missile Bass (nee
Bailey) is still in them. It's his band. Steve the drummer's been around
a fair while too, now. Although Steffy Sharpstrings has rejoined, this
is after a 12 year plus absence and it's a very different band these
days. The Here & Now I fell in love with was the one that recorded
Floating Anarchy '77 with Dave Allen on vocals which is ususually
remembered as a Gong album. Give & Take is another FINE album, in the
loopy punk Gong style. I think the band lost a lot of what I dug when
Gavin Da Blitz, the keyboard player left. These days the band play a
kind of soft rock that I'm not mad for but you know how it is, you go to
these things because of the scene and to see your mates as much as
anthing else.
--
Jon Browne