OFF: Seeking soundcard advice

Alex S. Garcia asg at IMAGINET.FR
Sat Feb 8 14:04:31 EST 1997

>I think it may be worth considering the AWE32. It is a resonable price, and
it has the
>facility to alter wave files into what is known as SoundFonts. You can also
have up to
>28megs of memory on the card.

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of first, but then someone told us it
only used midi input/output, while we'd also need digital (for the vocals).

>He could also look at the Yamaha DB50XG Daughterboard, which can be added
to any
>soundcard, has 4megs of memory, and comes with about 700 instruments.

This might be interesting as a complement, indeed, but it has to be added to
a soundcard already in place, right ? I suppose it's compatible with just
any kind of soundcard ?

Alex S. Garcia.

Become a Patternwalker ! Visit Corwin's Pattern...
  http://members.tripod.com/~Mandor/
  (with links to the Icarus Encyclopedia, Artefact, Rock
  In Progress, Slash, Micronos and more to come...)