OFF: Alturna?

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Sun Feb 9 04:09:31 EST 1997

Chris Stier wrote:
> I was at a party the other night and someone mentioned a band that if I
> remember correctly is called 'Alterna' which the guy claimed is the next
> Dream Theater.  Well, with the number of DT and Queensryche fans here on
> BOC-L I thought you may be able to give me some feedback weather I should try
> to track down a copy of this.

Altura. They're on the Magna Carta label. First album 'Mercy' is great! Altura sound
like I would have hoped Dream Theater would after their first album. (Since they did
Images And Words, I still find When Dream And Day Unite their best album.)

If you like Altura, check out Lemur Voice as well. Also on Magna Carta, of whom I do not
own stock btw. (Or whatever that expression should be in correct English...)

Jerry