BOC: why interesting for prog fans?

Dane Carlson danec at EARTHLINK.NET
Sat Feb 8 15:04:34 EST 1997

I can be classified as a progsnob I suppose, but I have always loved BOC.
They rocked. They were not like other bands of their time, more tongue in
cheek. They threw a few curves into their music, not the same old 3/4. To
me Prog toys with the pop-rock dynamic, making it more complex, more
interesting, but essentially it's still rock. BOC did the same thing with
Hard Rock, making it more interesting IMO. They also had a sense of humor.
I can sum up why BOC was awesome in one word, Astronomy.

DAne