OFF: Seeking soundcard advice

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Sun Feb 9 10:43:25 EST 1997

Alex S. Garcia wrote:

> >I think it may be worth considering the AWE32. It is a resonable price, and
> it has the
> >facility to alter wave files into what is known as SoundFonts. You can also
> have up to
> >28megs of memory on the card.
>
> Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of first, but then someone told us it
> only used midi input/output, while we'd also need digital (for the vocals).

There is a way of using digital output on it, I'm not quite sure how, but there are some
web pages out there with the info. Have a look at:-
http://www.telebyte.nl/sound/
You should be able to get some more info through that page, or the other links.

> >He could also look at the Yamaha DB50XG Daughterboard, which can be added
> to any
> >soundcard, has 4megs of memory, and comes with about 700 instruments.
>
> This might be interesting as a complement, indeed, but it has to be added to
> a soundcard already in place, right ? I suppose it's compatible with just
> any kind of soundcard ?

It works with just about any soundcard. I guess check out the specs, which I believe are
on Yamaha's own web page. I don't know it's address though, but it may be just
http://www.yamaha.com/
or something like that.

William