Off: Altura

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHL.COM
Sun Feb 9 16:44:00 EST 1997

Chris Stier> I was at a party the other night and someone mentioned a
band that if I
remember correctly is called 'Alterna' which the guy claimed is the next
Dream Theater.  Well, with the number of DT and Queensryche fans here on
BOC-L I thought you may be able to give me some feedback weather I
should
try to track down a copy of this.-

Ooops I see a couple of folks have beaten me to this already.   Take the
following for what its worth, I'm one of those who think Queensryche is
the better of the two bands.  With that in mind....Bands name is Altura
and its not bad. My  prog rock point man made a copy of Mercy and Lemur
Voice on the same tape.  I checked out both bands and went in to pick up
the Altura but got the Lemur Voice by mistake (wasn+t paying attention
to the direction of the tape heads).  I think a lot of these Magna Carta
artist are starting to sound too much like Dream Theater.  To coin a
phrase there almost cookie cutter.  I do like them and will be getting
this cd in the near future.

Now where and when will I be able to get my hands on the ew Threshold,
Extinct Instinct.  Thats a band worth searching for, IMHO of course.

 Jerry>"I still find When Dream And Day Unite their best album."

Really?  I think its terrific but I can't stand the vocals.  Try as I
might I wish I could tune them out and simply listen to the music.  The
songs from this album sound pretty good on Live at The Marquee, they are
great tunes but man that singer ouch.  Thank God for James LaBrie.

lil ab