OFF: Re: More Prog Rock Babble

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Mon Feb 10 09:42:55 EST 1997

Cliff & Pam Wheaton wrote:

> Alex S. Garcia wrote:
> >
> > >i dont really think this is worth arguing about for the simple reason that
> > >i feel all musical labels are useless,
> Had to comment here: I agree!! It's just this folx: MUSIC!!!!  Labels
> are ok-but I use them only to explain a like or dislike and there's many
> of both!!

I too agree with this. A label tends to sometimes give peole the wrong impression of the
music or whatever. I am particularly tired of having to explain to those with what I
would call average musical tastes, that progressive bands like Can, Faust, Amon Duul,
etc., DO NOT sound like Pink Floyd, which is what people who listen to Elton John, Billy
Joel and so forth, think what progressive music sounds like.

William