BOC: Imaginos great v. mediocre, no bad timing

Andrew Gilham Andy_Gilham at MSN.COM
Mon Feb 10 10:16:09 EST 1997

Carl "young Jedi knight" Anderson sez

>        I suspect _Mirrors_ sounds disco really only in retrospect.  I
>mean, think back on actual disco (if you can stomach even so much) and
>compare to _Mirrors_ ... they do not equal.

Well, I always though "Dr Music" sounded like "YMCA", but maybe that's just
me.  But the real comparison point has to be _Rumours_, which, in spite of
disco, punk, and all the other things going on in 1977, was that year's big
hit album, and "doing a _Rumours_" was more or less the stated aim.  Even the
title's pretty much the same!

- Andy

ObCD: Neil Young - _Landing on Water_

Andy Gilham/Andy_Gilham at msn.com/Andy_Gilham at compuserve.com