OFF: Brian Connolly dead

M Holmes fofp at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Wed Feb 12 06:07:26 EST 1997

The ex lead singer with 70's glam rock band The Sweet died of renal
failure at age 52.  His solo career after leaving The Sweet had been
plagued by ill health.

Just a note to say that as a kid, I liked the Sweet's stuff before I got
interested in Hawkwind. Their Chinn-Chapman singles were formulaic but
enjoyable and their b-side and album tracks displayed a talent for soft
metal within the band. I'd rate 'em the best of the Glam Rock bands
(though not as much fun as Chicory Tip :-) and I'm saddened to hear of
his death.

FoFP