On Your Feet Or On Your Knees CD

dench M.G.Dench at BTON.AC.UK
Wed Feb 12 06:37:31 EST 1997

I bought a copy of OYFoOYK on CD in London yesterday, because it had a
different sleeve to the US one.  Whereas the US one, which is the only one
I had seen before, has the usual cheapo back insert, i.e. the gloved hands
and book, and the uninspiring blank white stripe because Sony can't be
bothered to go to any trouble, this one had the picture from the gatefold
part of the vinyl offering, the 5 guitar picture, wrapped all around the
back, giving it a nice coloured spine.

Even better, the CD booklet, while not separately detailing the credits on
the book, contains 'time delay' photos of the band which didn't even come
with the original vinyl release!  There are quite a lot of them, and it is
a very nice booklet.  It also contains the times of each song - radical!
The gloved hands and book are on the back of the booklet, not very large,
but legible.

The CD itself says it was made in Austria, although there is a very small
copyright notice in French under the track listing in the booklet.  Is
this actually a common version of the CD, or have I stumbled upon
something out of the ordinary.  Whatever, it is a welcome discovery,
considering the cheapness of most of the repackaging of their albums for
CD.

Martin