OFF: More beer stuff

Mike Parkington Mike.Parkington at UUNET.PIPEX.COM
Wed Feb 12 07:32:37 EST 1997

Ah no Carl,

This is from fond remembrances of youth in Bishops Stortford at the Railway Hotel (now a
select development (flats)) or the Triad Rock-Club AKA The Angel Underground.

I think you might find they do St Edmunds in the Wheatsheaf pub, Stow-Cum-Quy (just out of Cambridge)
their Abbot is the business. It would, however, be a foolhardy landlord who would serve such a concoction
these days.

Mike

> The Doktor's recommendation beverage is Abbot and Eddies. a subtle cocktail
> comprising of one half pint of Abbot Ale and one half pint of Greene king
> St Edmunds barley wine. To be handled with care.

        Good heavans.  Is there actually a pub in Cambridge (UK) which
serves the Greene King barley wine?  I confess to general suspiciousness
of Greene King, but of course haven't actually _had_ the barley wine ...

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                            * "Lever vi inte i ett
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             *  fritt land kanske?"
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    *
Dept. of Anglo-Saxon, Norse & Celtic, Cambridge *  -- Pippi Langstrump