BOC:Beer Wars!!!

Wed Feb 12 09:05:37 EST 1997

I think I misrepresented what Bolle meant about "stout" and "beer"
being different things.  Not that I'm trying to dissuade anyone from
thinking the guy is nuts, mind you.  ;-)

What I *think* Bolle meant was the following:  you wouldn't call a
"stout" a "stout beer", you'd just call it a "stout" -- sort of like
calling "Pepsi Cola" something like "Pepsi Cola Soda"

I could be off on this, but that's the idea...the point originally being
that it is unlikely that there really existed a "Cully Stout Beer"
because no one would use such a term as "stout beer" on a label.

John