OFF: Kerry Livgren

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Wed Feb 12 10:21:28 EST 1997

Alex S. Garcia wrote:

> >After leaving Kansas, Livgren
> >formed the Christian rock band A.D. (with one Ronnie James Dio guesting on
> >vocals on one or two tracks!!!)

> I knew about A. D. but not about Dio... interesting. I'll have to get hold
> of those tracks...

Ronnie James Dio sung two tracks on Kerry's first solo album, Seeds Of Change. Kerry had
not left Kansas by then. I have a Kansas live tape on which they play Mask Of The Great
Deceiver, now sung by either Steve Walsh or Robby Steinhardt. Those songs are definitely
/not/ on any AD album.

> "Song for America" was their first LP (at least their first released - the
> self titled album, which was recorded a year before, only came out in 77)

Er... the first one was released March 1974, Song For America February 1975. 1977 was
the first re-issue.

Jerry