Glastonbury Fayre video

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Wed Feb 12 11:42:08 EST 1997

Hi there

A shop in the city has the Glastonbury Fayre video for sale. The cover says it is of the
first Fayre with a list of some of the artists on it. It lists Gong, Fairport
Convention, and some others I like. But it also lists some I don't like (Joe Cocker).

I have some questions for anyone who may have knowledge of the video?

Did Hawkwind appear at the first Glastonbury Fayre?
Is Hawkwind on it?
Do we get full songs, or just brief excerpts intertwined (?) into another boring doco
about hippies?
Is there more of the dull 'names' than of the more interesting artists whom we rarely
see early footage of?
Is it worth buying?

Hope someone knows the answers out there?

William