HW: HAWKWIND tapes

Alex S. Garcia asg at IMAGINET.FR
Wed Feb 12 14:55:39 EST 1997

>>You should avoid sending stuff like this to the list. I personally don't
>>care, but some other subscribers have a hard time downloading such files and
>>it can cost them a lot of money, in some cases.
>
>Are you joking???? What kind of old fashioned modem do you use ?

As I've said, Bernhard, I personally don't care. I have a good modem, thank
you. But I'm not everyone. Some people still have older material and others
are also very likely subject to other kinds of things which make these
automated downloading a pain to deal with. I've already often seen people
complain about these sort of things, so I guess we should avoid doing them -
especially when, as someone else pointed out, the material send is already
easily available on the Web or through FTP.

Alex S. Garcia.

Become a Patternwalker ! Visit Corwin's Pattern...
  http://members.tripod.com/~Mandor/
Read the Icarus Encyclopedia of Fantasy & SF
  http://www.Catch22.com/~icarus/