BOC: Imaginos great v. mediocre, no bad timing

J. Michael Looney mlooney at IONET.NET
Wed Feb 12 19:16:16 EST 1997

At 03:25 PM 2/12/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Carl wrote:
>>I suspect _Mirrors_ sounds disco really only in retrospect.
>
>I have to disagree here.  Mirrors is one of my favorites and I don't
>see any disco influence whatsoever.  There are some pop-like songs
>but nothing I can imagine anyone dancing to.  Can someone say what
>songs in particular sound disco-esque to them?

While I would not say that any of Mirrors is disco I can imagine people
dancing to several songs on that CD.  In Thee, Great Sun Jester and The
Storm being the tracks in mind.

Granted they were not wearing much clothing when the started dancing, and
were wearing even less by the time the song was over, but they WERE dancing.

My wife worked as an exotic dancer,  and Mirrors was on the juke box at her
club.  She and several other girls danced to the above listed songs about
2-3 times a week, that I know of.