BOC: Mirrors - was Imaginos great v. mediocre, no bad timing

RJ SPRAWL at STARLINX.COM
Wed Feb 12 17:38:57 EST 1997

> >I have to disagree here.  Mirrors is one of my favorites and I don't
> >see any disco influence whatsoever.  There are some pop-like songs
> >but nothing I can imagine anyone dancing to.  Can someone say what
> >songs in particular sound disco-esque to them?
>
> I never said you could dance to it. It's more of an atmosphere thing,
with
> all the handclaps, the mixing and stuff. I don't know. Just a general
> feeling I get each time I listen to "Mirrors". In particular songs like
"Dr.
> Music", "Moon crazy" or - the worst (IMHO) - "Lonely teardrops". Probably
> the one BOC song I dislike most...

guess what. i agree with both of these points. it seems to me that mirrors
is non-disco music
treated in the studio as disco music. it has that underlying sound. its not
disco. and it is among my   favorite boc albums, but for entirely different
reasons than other favorites.
but then, i really liked manfred mann's "watch" album, which is probably
their "mirrors".
rj