BOC: Mirrors - was Imaginos great v. mediocre, no bad timing

Peter Sondergeld p.sondergeld at QUT.EDU.AU
Thu Feb 13 02:22:10 EST 1997

At 10:38 PM 12/02/97 +0000, rj wrote:
<snip>
>guess what. i agree with both of these points. it seems to me that mirrors
>is non-disco music
>treated in the studio as disco music. it has that underlying sound. its not
>disco. and it is among my   favorite boc albums, but for entirely different
>reasons than other favorites.
>but then, i really liked manfred mann's "watch" album, which is probably
>their "mirrors".
>rj

*Watch* not widely appreciated? I don't know much about Manfred M, but this
one is part of my musical upbringing. Is it really one of their lesser liked
albums?

I agree too that *Mirrors* has some vague discoesque influence, but I've
always thought of it as like a date stamp. Pretty well every album aiming to
sell is shaped by contemporary sounds and rhythms, and what other artists
are doing e.g. lots of 80's albums share distinctive qualities, especially
the way drums were produced in general - boring.

Pete.

ObCD:*Fully Completely* - Tragically Hip
I read up on the Bill Barilko story, but what is a Fifty Mission Cap? For 50
game veterans?

Peter Sondergeld
p.sondergeld at qut.edu.au

"Money isn't everything; it usually isn't even enough."    - Anon.