BOC: Last night's chat

Mon Feb 17 10:19:45 EST 1997

This kind of thing pisses me off.  First they keep performing while Eric's
voice is shot,

Well, it's been bad for a few months, despite them letting him rest it
a bit.  Although, based on the amount of Eric singing in the current
sets, it might be getting a little better.  None-the-less, at least
we get to hear Buck sing a bunch of songs, rather than them trying to
force Eric to sing his usual allottment with his current condition.

>and then they go and perform without Alan.

That's Allen.  Now, normally I wouldn't be pointing that out, but there
were a few AOL folks (I won't mention the "B-name" here ;-) ) who
were rather ripped about the recent article in "Seconds" magazine because
they mis-spelled Allen's name as "Alan".  Seems like an honest mistake
to me, but some consider that very insulting to not know how to spell
someone's name.  Personally, I don't think it's that big a deal - and
MANY have mis-spelled my last name as "Schwartz" - I correct them when
they do, but I'm not insulted.

>If the enire
band cant perform then the show show be canceled.

Well, that's certainly one valid point of view.  On the other hand,
there's the theory that "the show must go on", and I think people who
had planned to go to the show would've been bummed if the show was
cancelled - that is, some would prefer to see BOC without Allen than
no BOC at all.  On the other hand, when playing for clubs, BOC may
not have the power to decide not to play a particular gig once they've
committed to it (especially if they ever want to play there again in
the future).

>We are paying money to see
the whole band...

O.K., I can't resist saying this . . . then they gotta bring the
Bouchard brothers back too ...  ;-)

On a more serious note, does BOC get paid less if one of the members
doesn't show up for a gig?  Somehow I doubt it, but using Joe's logic,
maybe they shouldn't, and maybe the customers should get a few bucks
back on their ticket . . . Just a thought.

John