HW Tattoos

Rob Stuckey etlrbsy at ETLXDMX.ERICSSON.SE
Mon Feb 17 12:20:03 EST 1997

  I haven't actually got a hawkwind tat per se, but HW did play
 a major role in my choice of picture.
  I was in Amsterdam in '93 for week or so and went into the
 Hanky Panky tattoo museum there (they do Euro-hell's angels
 and have done stuff for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers so I
 assumed they knew what they were doing).
  Whilst browsing through their catalogues I came accross a
 south-American indian design called Hawikuh which is a bizarre
 drawing of a Hawk in a circle with "bowls" of flames at the end
 of it's wings. I thought it was cool so I had it done there and
 then.
  While I don't regret having it done and still like the
 picture, I think the artist rushed it too much and has made
 a few mistakes. One day I intend getting it improved a bit,
 but I haven't got round to it yet.

     cheers - Rob