BOC: CD the Pact

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHL.COM
Mon Feb 17 15:57:00 EST 1997

Manuel writes>.  Foghat will have a new product out by the time the tour
starts;
      Foghat Live II. Pat Travers has had new discs of new material for
      the past 5 yrs ( 5 cds in 5 yrs!!), and Steppenwolf has a greatest
      hits/live package out (or soon to be out).  This leaves us with
BOC.
      What if they have no new product to promote?  Will it matter?  My
      guess is that it will not impact ticket sales, but a new cd will
      certainly not hurt their cause."

No it won't hurt ticket sales but will weaken any case they may make to
the other bands to appear on stage last.  Looks like they will open
every set.  Geez if Steppenwolf can get something out there BOC should
be able to.

 Manuel>"I believe that perhaps 1997 will be a make or break year for
BOC.
      I wish them the best.  I hope the disc comes out, sells well, and
      the tour pulls in the fans.  This is their 25th Anniversary!!  I,
      however, am realistic that patterns of the past may sabotage their
      own cause once again."

 I would agree with this.  If they cannot get this thing out or at least
provide some substantial evidence as to why not  they could alienate
even us cyber fans to the point where we no longer care.  I hope its a
big year for them.

As for the Pact - can we agree to leave the subject of the new cd alone
until someone actually see's this thing either a) advertised b) in the
store, or c) available at shows?  Sorry but the new cd is
comming/delayed again is getting rather stale.

lil ab

obcd - Fates Warning - No Exit