HW Tattoos

RJ SPRAWL at STARLINX.COM
Mon Feb 17 14:43:27 EST 1997

> All decent tattoo and piercing studios use autoclaves to sterilise
> their equipment and a new needle for each customer. If you're paranoid
> you can ask them to take the needle out of the vaccuum pack in front
> of you. If a tattooist infects his/her customers then they'll quickly
> go out of business so they take precautions!
>
> BTW in the UK many body artists are registered with the Dept of Health.
> I don't know what the registration process involves but that contrasts
> with the US where they self-regulate via some sort of *professional*
> organisation.

as possessor of >too< many tattoos, i still havent got a hw one.i am
considering turning the harley davidson wings across my back into the two
headed hawk. the thing is,i really grew to hate my tats before i was
>that< interested in hw.but i am thinking of some cover-work.
im no lawyer, but last i <heard>, it was law in usa that a tattooist must
use a new set of points each
customer,each sitting. the way i hear it, a whispered word will get the
health department involved in
a big way. i dunno.
i would definitely insist on seeing the seal broken on the points they use.
i used to draw 'flash' (the samples they hang on the walls) for this
guy,and he later was closed down for inflicting hepatitis
A,i think, (the least serious one),on multiple customers.(it was right
outside an army fort.)
I do have a couple BOC tats tho. the reaper with the symbol used by boc on
its forehead,
and a symbolic doodling incorporating the blacksword,a scythe,a chalice,a
lightning bolt, and the words
veteran of the psychic wars..
please bear in mind i was a semi psychotic teenager in the army at the
time...;)

> As for what HW tat I'd get well... more thought required but as a first
> pass what about the HW logo from SA/CYM?

i myself would prefer non-defined symbolism. something that would only be
guessed at by another fan.
rj