OFF: (way off!) RE: HW Tattoos

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Thu Feb 20 10:22:55 EST 1997

> Christopher Lambert
> (1957 -     )
> Biography from Baseline
>
> Born:   March 29, 1957, New York, NY
>
> This tall, handsome and glowering "French" star was actually born in New York
> and raised in Switzerland. After being expelled from the Paris Conservatoire,
> Lambert made his screen debut in 1980 in the small French production THE
> TELEPHONE BAR [...]
The article says he was born in America, and raised in Switzerland. It doesn't say that
he lived in America long enough to acquire the accent.

>I had heard that Lambert was French, and, in fact, hadn't learned to
>speak English until filming Tarzan.  Is this just plain wrong then?

I seem to recall that when they made the film, they wrote Ian Holm's (HW link there!
Just thought I'd mention that) character as a Frenchman, to make up for the fact that
Lambert coudn't speak English very well

William