Motorhead gig stopped

Chris Baxley Chris_Baxley at SONYMUSIC.COM
Thu Feb 20 10:55:30 EST 1997

>Just read in the paper that Motorhead stopped playing after Lemmy got a
second glass of beer in his face, after 45 minutes. Eh, not the glass - the
beer... The >chance of electrocution probably was too high.
>The manager told he was crying in the dressing room. It was the first ever
gig this happened - not the beer throwing, but stopping a gig for that...
>It was the only gig Motorhead were supposed to do in Holland on their
current tour.

This doesn't sound like the Lemmy I remember.  About 10 years ago at a
Motorhead show in Boston, after somebody knocked a mic stand into his
face, he pulled off his bass and started clubbing the guy with it (but not
hard enough to cause damage).  Then he explained how the mic stand could
have knocked his teeth out, which would force him to knock the
perpetrator's teeth out , and if anyone wanted to talk about it to come see
him after the show.

I also heard about an incident a few years ago somewhere in Europe where
someone threw a bottle at him which broke and cut his hand, forcing them
to cancel part of the tour.

Music is War, I guess...

Chris