Motorhead gig stopped

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Thu Feb 20 23:46:09 EST 1997

Martyn White wrote:
> This story just does not ring true IMO.  I had heard
> that spilt beer everywhere (Carlsburg Spesh of course) was a norm
> at a M.o.torhead gig.  And you are saying that Lemmy was crying
> in his dressing room??!!  Surely we BOC-Lers are not going to sit
> idly by at our terminals and have one of our greatest superheros
> defamed in such a fashion

:-)

Here we go. A very quick translation...

--------------------
Motorhead [including umlaut!] cancels gig after incident

Groningen [city in northern part of Holland] - Yesterday, legendary hardrock band
Motorhead cancelled a gig at De Oosterpoort in Groningen, after 45 minutes. Singer /
bass player Lemmy Kilmister received a glass of beer over his head twice in that time.
It was the first time ever that the band had to stop a gig prematurely.
>>From the first song, part of the audience of 1,400 started throwing beer, but that is
not an unfamiliar happening at hardrock or punkrock gigs. During the song Orgasmatron,
Kilmister and his guitar were first thrown beer at. Not without danger, because of the
chance of electrocution. After a short break and a warning, the band resumed their gig,
but quit after a second glass of beer over the singer / bass player.
Tour manager Hein Fokker of Mojo Concerts couldn't believe his eyes and said Kilmister
had the tears in his eyes [could be the beer, don't you think?] when he went to the
dressing room. The gig in Groningen was the only one in Holland for their Overnight
Sensation tour.

Jerry